Friday, May 17, 2013

5/17/13


Joslyn ate all of her oatmeal and a bite of craisins at breakfast.  At lunch she ate seconds on peas and pasta with shredded cheese and all of her applesauce and her lean ground beef.  

Kenzie, Joslyn and Riley all came out to watch me fix the oatmeal today (although Riley abandoned us to go do some puzzles after a minute or so).  Of course, the main reason they want to watch is to be the lucky recipients of a little bit of brown sugar after I add some to the oatmeal.  They also were very impressed when I refilled our brown sugar container with a bag from CostCo.  I'm sure they were thinking how wonderful to have all of that sweet stuff in one place!  Both Kenzie and Joslyn were smacking their lips and saying, "That's a LOT of brown sugar!"  

I decided to forego kids music today and put on some good old wholesome country tunes.  I played some of my favorites and was dancing with them, which isn't a very pretty sight, I'm sure.  When a slower song came on I got down on my knees and did some slow dancing with any of the kiddos who wanted to.  Joslyn didn't want to do it, but did watch with a pretty dreamy look and big smile on her face, enjoying it from a distance!


Due to the rain at outside time we decided to get down the tunnels for a change of pace.  The kiddos had a blast with it and did it over and over.  We had to remind the older ones to slow down a little to give the younger ones a chance for their turns because they were so excited.

My kiddos were thrilled to be back in the block room again when we went back after the Tunnel craze.  They immediately started rebuilding the partially dismantled train, playing on it only briefly before moving on to create with duplos again.










No comments:

Post a Comment