Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Joslyn ate whole wheat bagel and dried apricots for breakfast.  For lunch she ate most of her fish (tilapia), ate pasta and peas with shredded cheese on top, and ate applesauce.

Joslyn played with the food toys for a long time this morning.  They velcro together and then she was 'cutting' them apart.  She brought me a kiwi and said it was "toast!"  Then she brought another kiwi over and said it was "tomango!"  (I told Lauralea I believe that's a cross between a tomato and a mango.)  She was entertaining me quite well this morning.

She continued to entertain me while looking through the 'picture binoculars' and I'd ask her what she saw.  I showed her a butterfly..."butterfly."  I showed her a frog..."frog."  I showed her a skunk..."owl."  I showed her a chipmunk..."owl."  :)  I told Lauralea that she has a "default setting."  If she doesn't know the animal the default setting always goes back to owl.  (However, she always identifies what an owl really is.)

She was a great helper picking up the toys today before we went outside.  She worked hard and stayed on task with the jobs I'd give her to do.

Here's a picture of Joslyn working hard with one of her legos inventions.  The legos table is behind her, but she made her own 'table' by stacking the building blocks.  Shortly after this picture was taken she allowed Morgan and Kenzie to work on her legos piece with her.  (surprised us!)   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment